why'd i move?
- i couldn't figure out how to work the pages on blogger, and i really wanted pages
- i wanted to be able to use that wordpress for itouch app that i saw on kristina werner's blog
- i started on blogger and wasn't sure if i'd like wordpress better
why'd i come back?
- i figured out how to work the pages feature on blogger :) LOL!
- i couldn't find a template that really worked best with my blog style that i liked on wordpress. plus it's less amateur user friendly than blogger. it was overwelming, i think if i understood web design more i would have liked wordpress
- plus blogger has changed in the 2 months i've been gone. the template design feature is so cool and the photo upload is much better.
so that's the back story to this card. now for my normal tutorial, i love that word: tutorial-totally make me sound like i know what i'm doing, right? people kept leaving comments that they liked my tutorials, and i went-oh wow, that sounds cool. i'm going to use that.LOL!
this card started with a sketch, as my cards so rarely do. i also knew i wanted to make a card with a banner since it's so trendy right now.
to make the clouds i hand drew clouds on scrap paper, cut them out, and glued them to vanilla colored cardstock with tombo mono removable adhesive.
then i used ranger's distress ink in broken china to color over the clouds to give me the blue sky.
next i used my white gel pen to add faux stitching around the clouds and around the border of the card.
for the banner i used my cricket george and basic shapes to cut diamonds at 1 1/2 inch size, then i cut the diamond in half, it gave me the size triangle that i wanted. i used the diamond because using the regular triangle at 1 inch on the cricket was too big for my card.
then i pulled out three different sticker sets for my sentiment. the large letters are american crafts thickers, and the small yellow stickers on the banner are stickopotumus letter stickers that i purchased from wal mart. (they're really well priced like $1 or $2-something like that. when i'm at wal mart and i see them i try to grab them in a few colors-you can never have too many letter stickers)
then i used pop dots to add the cloud paper to the yellow cardbase.
at this point i realized the card looked a little plain. so i added a butterfly, using martha stewarts 3 in 1 butterfly punch, and recollections rhinestones, and a little green button (also from walmart) and threaded white embroidery floss through the button and tied a little bow.
so i'm back on blogger and very happy to be back, and to celebrate i'm having a little giveaway! the prize is making memories just chillin girl collection chipboard stickers and spiral journaling book!
so here are all the ways to win
re-tweet my twitter post about this giveaway
leave a comment letting me know your most recent scrap-related purchase
make a card with a banner, and put a link in the comments!
the contest will end august 27th
i want to say a big thank you to all my followers, sorry for the back and forth. i won't be changing my blog again any time soon-promise. thanks for sticking with me
thanks for looking!
blog ya later