i hope everyone is having a great weekend. in the crazy busy schedule that is my life now that i'm a full time working adult who decided she should go back to school. i've managed to carve out a little time for the hobby i love and my poor neglected blog. (which got a facelift today!!-i love the new look, hope you do too!)
there were two inspirations behind todays cards. recently kristina werner did a youtube series called friday focus, and the focus was patterned paper. so i decided to challenge myself to make a card using all pattern paper-no cardstock!
which can be a little tricky because you can end up having a visually overwhelming -hot mess- of a card. but if you follow the rules of mixing patterned paper, which kristina explains so well-check out the link. you get a really great card!
the second inspiration came when i looked at the colors of patterned paper that i choose (all from my minds eye's stella and rose mabel 6x6 paper pad). they made me think of thanksgiving, which is a holiday that's coming up in the states.
so let's get close up and see what i did. . .
- i had some fun rounding the corners of the card with my new making memories corner chomper with the stub corner.
- the paper bird is a recollections die cut i purchased at michaels earlier this summer for only $0.99!
- i added some twine tied into a bow with a mini glue dot.
- i created the rosette flower with patterned paper
- and the rhinestone flourish are by recollections as well.
- the scallop border was created using fiskars scalloped sentiment punch
- the stickers used to spell out the word "give" are making memories (super teenie tiny-perfect for cards)
- i embossed using versamark ink, a hero arts stamp (from the bird, tree and messages stamp set-an oldie but a goodie!) and white american crafts zing embossing powder
thanks for stopping by the blog. if you have any questions please leave them in the comments. and please feel free to comment-they make my day a little (ok-a LOT) happier!
blog ya later